Hi all of security maniac , security professional, and underground hacktivism, 31 minutes later Backtrack 5 will be released. I just try to crawl the backtrack site so i found this http://twitpic.com/4vwe3t . I’m so excited and can’t wait the release :).
Backtrack 5 code name is “Revolution” . For you that come from indonesia, you could download the link that available in here : http://indobacktrack.or.id/
Based on information from the backtrack site, the new feature that include in the backtrack 5 are :
- Our release will start on May 10th (don’t bug us about the timezone), and will primarily be available for download via torrents. This is to reduce the massive load on our mirrors for the first few hours.
- As time progresses into the release , we will then allow direct downloads from our mirrors.
- We will have KDE (4.6) and Gnome (2.6) Desktop environment flavours
- 32 and 64 bit support
- A basic ARM BackTrack image which can be chrooted into from android enabled devices. (hopefully released May 10th)
- The 32 and 64 bit images support “Forensics Mode”, which boots a forensically sound instance of BackTrack and “Stealth mode”, which boots without generating network traffic.
- All support for Backtrack 4 will end on May 10th, 2011 and BackTrack 4 will not be available for download from our official mirrors from that date onwards.
- And yes, Metasploit 3.7.0 *was* packaged into BT5.