There is a difference between running absinthe on the OS X Lion and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. The difference is how to open/run the absinthe. It’s because there is no response and there is no result when I open the absinthe 2.0 on OS X Mountain Lion. The main clue of solution for this issue is just show package contents then Open absinthe with terminal.
For details please read this steps :
- Download the latest absinthe ( Absinthe 2.0 )
- Please Right click on the Absinthe icon then choose “Show Package Contents“
- Find the Contents/MacOS folder and right click on Absinthe 10.6 then select Open With Terminal
Just wait until the GUI of absinthe is shown, then do the jailbreak process by following the steps below ( taken from http://greenpois0n.com/2012/05/absinthe-2-0-has-arrived/ ) :
If Your iOS is Unjailbroken :
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
If Your iOS is already jailbroken :
Just search for and install “Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether” from Cydia. ( note : After I’ve finished jailbreak the iOS device, “Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether” was automatically installed.
Reference : http://greenpois0n.com/2012/05/absinthe-2-0-has-arrived/ ( Thanks to Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams (Jailbreak Dream Team) )
Absinthe 2.0 supports the following devices on 5.1.1:
iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3 (iPad2,4 is now supported as of Absinthe 2.0.4)
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
iPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 4th generation