Some days ago I’ve changed My MacBook battery with the new one. It’s because My MacBook battery has reached the maximum cycle count ( over 1600 cycle counts ) and I’ve used My MacBook ( 13.3″ White Late 2009 ) for 3 years. And I hope I’m able to buy the New MacBook Pro in this year 🙂 .
According to the manager of Authorize Apple Service Provider, My MacBook battery has a good performance and good capacity . He said that the MacBook battery usually needs to be replaced before 1000 cycle counts. Then he asked me how do I maintenance the battery life span :). I just follow the battery maintenance guide from Apple .
Here I’d like to share you how to maintenance the MacBook battery :
- At the first time I bought the MacBook , I charged the battery until full ( approximately 8 hours ) and I’m not using the MacBook While I was charging the battery.
- A normal use in a day, I usually charge My MacBook when low battery ( the red led battery indicator shown , between 10 – 20% ) till fully charged ( 100 % or the green led indicator is shown in the charger ) then I leave the charger plugged in till the next two hours.
- I use My MacBook in the notebook temperature zone ( 10 – 35 Celsius degree )
- Store the battery with a 50% charge when I don’t plan to use My MacBook for a long time ( 6 months )
- Calibrating the battery at least once a month ( please see below how to calibrate the battery )
- Make sure Optimal setting for My MacBook
Calibrating the battery is easy. Please read carefully the calibrate steps below ( for MacBook (all models), and MacBook Pro (all models) ) :
- Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your PowerBook’s battery until the light ring or LED on the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
- Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours. You may use your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.
- Disconnect the power adapter while the computer still on and start running the computer off battery power. You may use your computer during this time. When your battery gets low, the low battery warning dialog appears on the screen.
- At this point, save your work. Continue to use your computer; when the battery gets very low, the computer will automatically go to sleep.
- Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or more.
- Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again.
( taken from : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490 ).
I do the same way above to maintenance My iPad ( include calibrating My iPad battery.
Hopefully this article will useful for you all and Let’s share your experience & tips for MacBook battery maintenance here 🙂
I’m Apple Freak, and you ?